CoinBase Earn: Can You Fail the Quiz and Get Rewards?
The CoinBase mission is to increase crypto adoption. That’s why they created CoinBase Earn. Where you can earn free tokens by learning about blockchain.
For each quiz, there are about two minutes of lessons and four questions. Note that you don’t get paid after all the CoinBase Earn questions. You get paid instantly for every one of them.
What happens if you get it wrong?
After you fail the question, you can “try again.” But it will most likely show an error (something went wrong). So you’ll need to either refresh the page or restart the quiz.
It always sends you to the question where you left off.
CoinBase Quiz Answers
Here are the answers to the five active quizzes:
- Earn CLV Answers = $5
- dApps with cross-chain compatibility.
- Clover Finance Wallet.
- PolkaDot Parachain
- Web Wallet
- Earn AMP Answers = $3
- Collateral token
- Instant settlement assurance
- AMP rewards
- Earn XLM Answers = $10
- A decentralized protocol that unites the world’s financial infrastructure
- Facilitating low-cost, universal payments
- Transactions are fast, inexpensive, and global
- To issue, exchange, and transfer tokens quickly and efficiently
- It relies on the cooperation of trusted nodes to confirm transactions
- Earn FET Answers = $3
- Software agents that automate tasks
- To power Fetch.ai agent
- Automated interactions with industries like travel and healthcare
- Earn GRT Answers = $4
- Blockchain data
- GRT Tokens
- Delegate to a high-quality Indexer
CoinBase Earn Alternatives
Surprisingly, not many platforms pay users to learn crypto. The closest you can find is:
- CoinMarketCap Earn: One at a time, CoinMarketCap starts time-limited “campaigns.” Before they expire, you can earn tokens from completing the quizzes.
- Phemex Learn & Earn: Phemex displays all the available quizzes, and you can also get notified when they add new ones.
If you want more rewards, you’ll need to look further:
Almost every exchange has referral programs. When you register for free with a referral link, you earn free crypto. Others require you to spend an amount first ($100 on CoinBase).
There are also withdrawal limits to prevent you from cashing out. So the best way is to send funds from your other wallet, add the rewards, and send it all back.
Yield farming involves earning interest for the risk of holding crypto. Luckily, flexible staking is risk-free. You can find these on Kraken, CoinBase, and Binance.
You first buy a coin like ATOM (5% APY) and find the stake option in the exchange. It starts earning interest and compounds for as long as you keep the initial amount. Depending on the coin, you get 2% to 20% of variable yield (credited 1–2 times per week).
You can get paid for browsing exclusively on the Brave browser. Like all browsers, Brave includes (non-intrusive) ads. You earn Basic Attention Tokens just from using it.
BAT is worth $1.44 after it went parabolic this 2021.
CoinBase Earn FAQs
Do I Need to Watch Every Video to the End?
CoinBase pays you to complete the quiz, not to watch their content. So you don’t need to go through all the presentations. You neither need to wait until the end to start the quiz.
When you start the lesson, you can press the Take Quiz button below. If there’s something you don’t know, you can still go back to the presentation and find answers. Arrow button on the top left corner.
CoinBase has also replaced videos with stories (like Instagram). So you can tap and learn at your pace.
Why Are There So Few Quizzes?
CoinBase started with over a dozen quizzes, all of them with a limited reward supply. The Earn program served to increase CoinBase adoption. Now that there are over 80 million users, you can’t get the same prizes as before:
- Upcoming quizzes require you to join a waitlist (or else rewards run out on launch day). We haven’t seen many this 2021.
- After CoinBase gives away a number of tokens, the reward program closes.
It’s safe to say there won’t be as many as before anymore.
What Do You Do With The Rewards?
As you do the quizzes, you’ll find a warning at the bottom:
“By proceeding, you agree that you are receiving coins solely for the token’s utility and not any investment purpose. See our full terms here.”
The TOS page, however, doesn’t mention anything related. So what does it mean?
In theory, CoinBase users should hold tokens for their utility. For investment purposes, it means converting to other coins or withdrawing right after.
If you don’t follow the rules, you’re open to the following:
- Account reviews (suspensions) by CoinBase
- Lose eligibility for future quizzes
CoinBase Earn has run for years, and we’ve never seen anyone have issues with it. So you can use rewards as you like and expect nothing bad to happen. But if you want more chances for quizzes, it’s better to hold the token.
Is CoinBase Earn Worth My Time?
Maybe you don’t have time to learn crypto. You’re just getting paid <$10 for each. And you should still do it because it only takes a few minutes to complete all of them.
- You don’t need to watch every video
- You can copy the answers shown here to complete the test
- You instantly get the reward in your account
Note: If you find promising coins on the quizzes, do take your time to learn before investing large sums.
It won’t be around forever. So if you can get free money from a legit platform, why not?
What Happened to CoinBase Earn Referral Program?
The CoinBase Earn Referral Program isn’t the same as the $10 welcome bonus. Instead, you’d get paid for every quiz completed by the referee. For example:
- You complete a $10 quiz
- You refer someone who hasn’t done the quiz
- When the referee completes the quiz, you get another $10 (usually up to $50 in total)
That means you get $10 for every quiz (and person). Possibly from existing CoinBase users. That’s $100 each if you have a big network, and they do all the tests.
Was good while it lasted. But will it be back? No idea.
What Are Other Ways to Earn Free Crypto on CoinBase?
There are, but it’s not the same:
- There’s CoinBase Yield, where you can earn 5% interest per year on certain tokens. The more you buy, the more you make.
- There’s CoinBase VISA Card, which pays you back up to 4% on all purchases
Airdrops also happen on CoinBase, although they’re rare.